Pages

Thursday, January 09, 2014

All Over the Place

The title of this post describes how I've been feeling this week. It's always hard to get back to the normal schedule after a long-ish vacation, but this week has been extra challenging. Work has been busy, the weather has been insane, and I just don't feel like I have enough hours in the day to get everything done. Yesterday, for some reason, it occurred to me that after all the work I did to get those baby gifts done before Christmas, I completely forgot to take them to D.C. with us. So I will have to put a trip to the post office on my weekend to-do list as well.

Last night was the first knit night of the year, and it was a bit of a miracle that I got there. The Mister has been getting home late all week for various reasons, and I was worried that it was going to happen again last night. Fortunately, he was able to finish up his work at home so that I could go. I took the opportunity to cast on another hat for Halos of Hope, this time using my own pattern (Amberson) and some Wool-Ease that I got on clearance a while back and put away for just this kind of thing. I'll spare you a photo -- it's dark blue, and with no light left here at all, it'll just look like a dark blob.

There must have been something in the air in the Barnes and Noble where we meet, because it seemed like everyone was having issues with their knitting (except for one person, but she was fixing a mistake she'd made earlier in the day). I managed to twist my knitting somehow when I joined to work in the round, and after I'd fixed that, I discovered that my cast on number was off, so I had to rip and start over. Fortunately I was able to get back to where I'd been fairly quickly and finished the band while I was still out (I added on a few more rounds when I got home). I don't think this or my other Halos hat will be finished in time to mail them out this weekend, but they should be done by next weekend for sure.

I forgot to mention in my last post that I did manage to get the buttons sewn on Rainbow's Antler cardigan and block it. Today was the first day she wore it. I'll have to get her to sit down for some proper photos so I can do an official FO post, but here's a preview.


I was a bit worried about it fitting oddly, but blocking seems to have done the trick for the most part. The very bottom is still a little snug over her little belly, but I also added length to the body so that it would fit her longer, and I expect as she grows up it will be less of an issue.

1 comment:

  1. She looks wonderful and her antler fits like a dream. You did a fabulous job. Now you need to knit one for yourself. Maybe in a different colour though!

    ReplyDelete