After being away from my spinning wheels for a couple of weeks, I was eager to get back to them this week, so on Monday, I started a new project. At the Indie Knit and Spin last November, I picked up 6 oz. of Polwarth in Rainbow shades -- 1 oz. each of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple -- from Fibernymph Dye Works. I decided to do a traditional three ply, so I split each color into three (roughly) equal parts and started spinning. I've only spent a little time spinning this week, but I'm more than halfway done with the first bobbin.
I'm overlapping the colors a bit when I join in a new one, but mostly it goes from one color to the next. The fiber was a bit compacted when I pulled it out of the bag, which made splitting it a bit tricky, so I'm sure the changes won't be at the same spot in all three plies.
Meanwhile, I had a bit of a surprise midweek when my last shipment from the Bee Mice Elf fiber club showed up.
This one is called Well Preserved, and it's on a delicious blend of 85% mixed BFL and 15% silk -- it should be a dream to spin. Now, I just have to decide how I want to spin it!