Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Scatterbrained

It must be this cold weather that's doing it to me, but I can't seem to stay focused on any one project lately, and as a result, nothing seems to be moving. I mentioned the other day that I'd started a scarf for Rainbow, but it's been pretty much untouched since then (though I really should get a move on so it will actually be useful for her).

The past two nights, I've worked on Rainbow's sweater, which now has a couple of sleeves and the beginnings of the body (not pictured, because it's just a few rows of ribbing at the moment).


I've also been putting in a row here and a row there on that blue shawl I've been knitting, which has finally gotten to the point where I can add in the second color. But that's been my lunchtime knitting and will probably get put on hold once I get the next clue for the mystery socks.


As if all these WIPs weren't enough, I'm getting a really strong urge to cast on for a new hat for me, mostly because the Koolhaas I've been wearing doesn't seem to actually want to stay on my head anymore. I'd really like to knit myself a Wurm using a skein of my handspun.

Oh, and spinning! Now I want to spin all the time! If only I could stay home and be surrounded by yarn and fiber all day -- I could get a lot more done! Perhaps when I retire I'll be able to do it, but that's a long way off.

3 comments:

  1. Ditto. What else is there to say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mzjen8:37 AM

    I'm retired and don't get nearly enough done on the spinning and knitting front! Life intervenes..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same :P I have so many wips lying around :( I'm always surprised when something like a single sock is unfinished for longer than a week or so. I always expect the knitting progress to be at the same speed, whether I'm knitting or not... :P

    ReplyDelete