Pages

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Nearly There

I did not spin at all during the last week. It was a rough week, and knitting felt more therapeutic, so I went with it. However, that meant that the last little bit of spinning that was needed to finish up the 4 oz. braid of FatCatKnits Falkland has been sitting. This morning I decided enough was enough. The rest of my family was out skiing all day, so once I got the last load of laundry squared away, I sat down at my Lendrum, put on some video podcasts, and finished up the second and third bobbin of singles.


You can tell from how little is on these bobbins that it did not take me very long to do -- maybe two hours altogether, maybe a little bit more, but not very much in the grand scheme of things. I'm going to let these rest for about a day and will likely ply tomorrow evening. Then I will be a good spinner and go back to my large gradient project.

I will say that finishing up this braid has been a bit of an exercise in patience. Aside from the time it's taken me, I've been spending much of it fighting with my wheel. Normally my Lendrum is very easy-going and quiet, but for some reason it's started rattling rather loudly during this spin. At first I thought it was just the bobbin and it was rattling because my back maiden was a little loose, but the rattle continued even after I tightened it. Then I tried adjusting the height of the whole head, but that seemed to make it worse -- I not only had the bobbin rattle, but now the whole wheel would shudder every 30 seconds or so. I have oiled the necessary parts and fiddled with all sorts of adjustments, but nothing seems to help much. I suppose the wheel could use a thorough wipe down, so perhaps once I'm finished with this project I'll do that and see if a bit of a spa treatment helps any. I know I would certainly benefit from it!


No comments:

Post a Comment