Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Focus

While I really should be working on the baby blanket (the baby is due around February 3, so I don't have much time left), instead I'm finding myself focusing on projects with a message. The first is the rainbow socks, which you saw last week. I am cruising through the foot of the second sock, so I anticipate having a finished pair in the next day or two.


The other project is one you've likely seen on the news or on Ravelry -- a pussyhat. I'm not following a particular pattern, though I'm using this one (the original) as a guide. The pattern has you knit the hat flat and then seam the sides, but I much prefer to knit in the round, so I cast on 96 stitches and went with it. When it's the length I want, I'll use Kitchener stitch to graft the top together.

So bright no camera can capture it accurately

I'm using a skein of Universal Yarn Uptown Worsted that I had in my stash from a while back (I had bought two skeins and used one to knit a hat for when I run in the winter) in a positively eye-searing shade of neon pink. It's pretty much impossible to capture on camera, but it will serve the purpose of being very visible. I'm not able to attend the women's march in Washington, D.C., but I will be going to the sister march here in Pittsburgh.

While I was digging through the stash, I found some partial skeins of Cascade 220 Superwash that I'd used for a couple of sweaters for Rainbow:


Neither remnant is probably enough to make a hat, but I think I can manage enough if I combine them, so I will likely copy Kat and knit this stranded version so that Rainbow can have her own hat. It won't be quite as loud as mine, but then a 7-year-old probably doesn't need an obnoxious protest hat. I think she'll be happy to have something cute, and I'll certainly be happy to have removed more yarn from the stash. And if someone happens to see her wearing it and know what it is, then that's just fine, too.

1 comment: