Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

It's Always Something

Another day, another drama to deal with. This evening we got home and got Rainbow in the shower only to discover that our neighborhood (along with many others) is under a boil water advisory. So we are now drinking, cooking, and brushing our teeth with bottled water. Fun, right? So not fun.

In any case, it's been a long, busy day at work, and I'm eager to get to my knitting. I have one more round and a bind off and I'll be done with the fifth blanket square. Unfortunately it looks like I have to join a new skein of yarn for that little bit of knitting, but in the bigger picture, that means I should have no problem getting the last four squares out of two skeins of yarn. Assuming I don't need much to connect the squares (they're crocheted together), I may well end up with an untouched or nearly untouched fifth skein.

The squares are starting to get a bit monotonous, so I did cast on for a new project yesterday. It's a new design, and I can't reveal too much, but here's a little peek:


As you can probably tell, this is a little bit of stranded colorwork. It's a collaboration I'm working on with Lisa of Fibernymph Dye Works; you saw the yarn when it arrived. There are actually going to be two versions of this pattern, in two different color combinations. Starting this project has really scratched the itch for some color knitting. For now, it's my lunchtime knitting -- mainly so I'll stay focused on the blanket. But I have a feeling it's going to take center stage sometime soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love colorwork! So much!! Thank you for sharing these little glimpses into your design process - it is fascinating to me! And, sorry for your boil water issue!

    ReplyDelete