Pages

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Through the Middle

I'll admit that I'm getting a lot less spinning done this Tour de Fleece than in past years, though I know that's precisely because I've been doing a lot of knitting as well. That said, I have made some noticeable progress on my FatCatKnits Rambouillet this weekend. Take a look at this progression:




I'm officially more than halfway done and have only about a yard of the top left to spin. I am hoping to finish spinning the singles over the next few days and ply by next weekend. I realized this weekend that I really only have about a week and a half before I leave for SSK, which means that I have only about a week and a half left at my wheels. Ideally I'd like to finish up at least one skein for each of the dyers whose teams I'm on before I leave, so if I can finish these singles soon, that should give me time to spin up the other two bobbins of Southern Cross Charollais singles. I'll probably have to do some marathon plying in the last couple of days, but I'll do what I need to -- Tour de Fleece only comes around once a year, after all!

1 comment: