Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Tour's End

Today marks the end of the Tour de Fleece. While I wouldn't say I failed, I did accomplish significantly less than I'd hoped to this year, in large part because I was busy with knitting projects and life in general. I'd hoped in particular to burn through my giant bag of Southern Cross Fibre Charollais, but alas all I finished was one bobbin and the start of a second:


I'm going to continue spinning this until I'm done, but I no longer have an urgent deadline.

Because I couldn't take a wheel with me to SSK this weekend, I figured I would use the opportunity to work on my spindles. I did make some decent progress on my alpaca/silk, which has been in progress for more than a year now. The first cop has been wound off and the second is well under way.


I'll get to the full SSK recap later this week, once I've had time to fully process it, but I did come home to some fiber in the mail!


This was a prize from a knitalong in the 90% Knitting group on Ravelry, and it's a total of 4 oz. of 80% merino/20% angora from New Hue Handspun. I've never spun angora before, so this should be a fun experience!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful spindle spinning!! And, I can't wait to hear all about SSK!

    ReplyDelete