The end of Stash Dash is quickly approaching, so I am madly trying to finish up projects and perhaps knit some more to get me to 10,000 m. At the moment, my total is just a bit less than 9,100 m, so I'm close. The most recently finished skein of handspun helped to get me there, as did this finished object:
Pattern: Kerameia Cowl (by yours truly)
Yarn: Fibernymph Dye Works Bona Fide (100% superwash merino) in Silver Gray (MC) and Krasi (CC)
Needles: 16 in. US 7 (4.5 mm) Addi Turbos
Started/Completed: July 31/August 3
This was a fast and easy knit, and the photo I posted on Instagram has been surprisingly popular. I reversed the colors from the original configuration, and the result is a much more subtle appearance of the pattern. I think I actually like the original better because it's easier to see the pattern, but the dappled effect of this one has its charm.
Meanwhile, I am getting close to finishing up my Rainbrioche hat. It's been a fun knit and I can definitely see knitting it again. I might go down another needle size, though, because it is very stretchy (as you would expect from anything with this much brioche stitch).
I think I have decided to take my Driftwood Tee with me on vacation next week so I can try to finish it up while we're gone. I finished the back last night and promptly cast on the front, so it's quite possible that will happen.
The astute among you will notice that the bottom edge is rolling quite a bit, and that's partly because I missed one very important instruction at the very beginning, despite the fact that I ripped and restarted at least once: Knit five rows in garter stitch. What I have is one garter ridge, which on its own definitely isn't enough to counteract the stockinette-induced roll. By the time I realized my mistake, I was already into the shoulders, and I wasn't about to rip back, so I'll address it later. I did the same thing on the front so that the pieces will at least match, and when both are done, I'll see about picking up and knitting down or perhaps adding some applied I-cord. I've already added extra length, so I don't want to make it too much longer, and it's always possible that I'll be able to block the piece flat given the high bamboo content. But it's a bit annoying, especially given how short and to the point this pattern is -- I really should have done a better job of reading it!