Pages

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Easy Choice

After finishing my sweater, I did have a brief period of not knowing what to knit next, but it didn't last long. I remembered that I wanted to cast on the Wonder Woman Wrap and that I'd specifically bought yarn for it at SSK. So I got the yarn out, wound it up into cakes, and promptly cast on this weekend. As of last night, I am one row away from finishing the second section.

I even have the stitch markers to match the project!
You may have noticed that this project is living in a brand-new project bag. That's right, I now own a Fringe Supply Co. Field Bag. It was not a purchase I was planning to make, but when I saw that the company was donating its sales to the Southern Poverty Law Center in the wake of the events in Charlottesville, I decided I was happy to support the company. I'm still breaking it in, and obviously it's in need of a little bling, but those issues will be resolved in time.

I'm still working on Rainbow's socks, and every time I pick them up, I am amazed at how huge her feet are. Would you believe the circumference of her foot is only one inch less than mine?



The yarn is knitting up in a way I didn't expect, but I'm liking it (and, more importantly, so is Rainbow). I'm planning to put in a Fish Lips Kiss Heel in and then knit up the leg until the yarn runs out. And I'm sure she'll have outgrown them by the end of the year, but at least she'll have a few months of colorful feet in the meantime.

1 comment:

  1. I love Wonder Woman! Good for you! And, I also like that sock yarn - especially that the "stripes" are a bit random!

    ReplyDelete