Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Prime Knitting Time

Although the drive to Rhinebeck was long and (at times) uncomfortable, the one good thing about it is that I did not have to do any of the driving or navigating, which meant that I had many hours to fill with knitting. I managed to get quite a good bit of it done, too.

My main knitting objective was to finish up a couple of pattern samples for a new collaboration with Lisa of Fibernymph Dye Works. We're planning to debut this new pattern at Indie Knit and Spin and a couple weeks, and I really needed to knit the samples to both finish up the pattern and have them ready for Lisa to display in her booth. The first sample was already in progress when we left (though I changed my mind about color order and ripped back about half of what I'd knit in the car), and I finished it up after tearing down the booth on Sunday evening. I cast on the second sample in the car on Monday morning and finished it last night. I can't show you much, but here's a peek (you'll have to come to IKS to see the full reveal!):


I also cast on a new pair of socks for Rainbow, at her request, on the way to Rhinebeck. I figured a simple sock would be good to work on while we were out to dinner or standing around the booth. I finished the first one on Monday morning and am already nearly halfway done with the second. Because she picked out the self-patterning yarn, I went with plain stockinette with a Fish Lips Kiss heel.


These socks are a bit faster than socks for me, but not by much -- they're only an inch smaller in circumference and about two inches shorter in length. I'd say it's only a matter of time before Rainbow's feet are more or less the same size as mine, so she's going to have to learn to knit her own socks before too long.

The only other project I still have on the needles is my Wonder Woman Wrap, which sadly has not seen any attention since before I started my Rhinebeck sweater. I did take it on the trip with me, hoping I'd give it some love, but I never even pulled it out of the bag. I don't think it will get worked on much in the next two weeks, either, as I'm planning to spend more of my crafting time spinning to increase my inventory for my Indie Knit and Spin booth. I'm not feeling any particular pressure to finish it, but I would like to see it done soon -- though I suppose I could always take it on our annual Florida trip, which really isn't that far away!

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to Indie Knit and Spin! And, those socks for Rainbow are so cheery!

    ReplyDelete