Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Itching to Stitch

It has been one of Those Days. It is just after 8 o'clock in the evening, and I am finally sitting down to have some time to myself. My fingers are just itching to get to some crafting, because I did not get a lunch break today and thus did not get my midday knitting time.

The day started with an early delivery: After waiting a couple of months, my new spinning chair is finally here!


It is so cozy and comfortable -- I'm actually sitting in it sideways to type this on my laptop right now, and it's not at all awkward. It was definitely worth the long wait! I predict that this will become a favorite spot for reading as well as spinning.

I've still got the two same projects on the needles, my ankle socks and my Rhinebeck sweater. Both have seen a little attention the last few days. I finished the first of the socks Sunday evening.


Its mate has been cast on, but so far all I've got is the cuff. Meanwhile, the body of my Rhinebeck sweater has a few more rounds of ribbing on it.


I'll be very glad to finish the ribbing and move on to the stockinette portion of the body if only so I can stop knitting on this particular set of needles -- there's a spot at the join where the yarn keeps catching, and it's really slowing me down. I'm hoping I'll get to the switch-over point this evening, but first I think I need to break in my new chair with a little spinning!

2 comments:

  1. I love your new chair! It looks perfect and comfortable!

    And for "not having much knitting time" you made some excellent progress with your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new chair is really lovely, and I'm glad to hear that it's quite comfortable also. Wishing you many hours of happy spinning, knitting, and reading in it!

    ReplyDelete