Pages

Monday, December 09, 2019

A Roller Coaster of Emotions

You may have surmised from the lack of a post yesterday that it was an extremely busy weekend. I figured it was pointless to try to post on Sunday because I had exactly zero new spinning to share and hardly any other crafting, for that matter. This weekend was my brother's wedding, and as all three of us were in the wedding party, that meant a lot of activity in addition to spending time catching up with family and friends who came from out of town for the occasion. I did not carry a purse, nor did I have any pockets in my dress, so the only photos I have are from the Mister (and I don't think he too many, either).


This photo is a little strange in terms of perspective (my head looks enormous and I look much shorter than I am), but at least you can see me and Rainbow in our dresses and with our beautiful flowers.

And here's the junior bridesmaid again with the bride and groom right after the ceremony:


She had a fun time at the wedding, though she left shortly after the ceremony for a slumber party at our house with my cousins' kids. I don't think anyone got much sleep, but these cousins get together so infrequently that it was probably worth it. She seems to have picked up some germs from someone, though, because she woke up with a fever this morning, so we're having a quiet day at home today (I took her in to the pediatrician this morning to get her checked out; the strep test was negative and her ears looked fine, so it's likely just a cold or similar virus).

While the majority of the weekend was happy and celebratory, there was some sadness as well. On Thursday, as I was getting ready for the craziness ahead, I learned that Scott "Scooterpie" Manko of the Ross Farm had been killed in a tragic accident on the farm. The funeral was today, and I knew I wouldn't be able to make it, so I went to the visitation at the funeral home yesterday. It was as sad as you can imagine. If you've been reading my blog for a while, then you know how wonderful Amy and Scooterpie have been to me over the years, taking me to Rhinebeck and Maryland and supporting my designs, so I was devastated by the news. If you'd like to do something to help, a fund has been set up to assist Amy with the expenses from the funeral and of running the farm, and you can donate here.

3 comments:

  1. This is a bittersweet post, and I thank you for Amy's link. It's almost too sad to believe.

    But you and Rainbow are absolutely beautiful, and I'm glad the wedding was wonderful. I hope Rainbow rests up, feels better soon, and nobody else gets it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbow looks so grown up! (And, you both looked so lovely!) I wish your brother and his lovely bride blessings and so much happiness and joy as they begin their lives together!

    I was shocked to read about Scott - what an incredible tragedy.



    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful wedding photos ... I love the colors and the smiles! and so sad about Scott ... what a loss.

    ReplyDelete