Pages

Sunday, December 01, 2019

It's Going Too Quickly

The title of this post refers both to the long holiday weekend and to this year in general; I am absolutely astounded that today is December 1. Less than a week from day is my brother's wedding. Two weeks from today is Rainbow's 10th birthday. Three weeks from today we'll be in Florida. How is it that the weekdays can crawl by but yet 2019 is almost over?

I suppose one way to (artificially) make time seem to slow down is to do a slow craft, so I did spend a little bit of time at my wheel this weekend, though not as much as I would have hoped. The truth is that there were many things to do to get ready for upcoming events in the next few weeks, and so crafting necessarily had to take a back seat to those things. But I'm almost halfway through the singles for this spin, and it's really such a perfect spin that I'm not in any rush to hurry it along.

Southern Cross Fibre Bond wool in the colorway Two Roads Diverged

These colors are moody and subtle, and I'm finding them very soothing. The fiber is drafting beautifully and is very soft. There's nothing I don't love about this spin (except that I'm not finding enough time for it). It might end up being my last spin of the year, depending on how busy things get before we leave for our trip. I'm toying with the idea of taking a spindle or even my Nano wheel with me to Florida, but I think I'll likely end up just taking knitting -- after all, it'll give me something at home to look forward to rather than dread!

3 comments:

  1. Tempus fugit! I had fooled myself into thinking that I was doing okay with time and holiday preparations, but when the calendar turned to December, suddenly that no longer seemed quite so true. I love Two Roads Diverged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if it is the lateness of Thanksgiving... but yes, too soon December with its speeding by days! You have a full month and that always makes it even seem to go by faster!

    I am with Bonny... I love Two Roads Diverged also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three loves for the Two Roads Diverged! I think we're all feeling a December crush ... like we're squeezing 31 days into 3 weeks? You do have some wonderful things to look forward to and celebrate ... I'm sure time will slow down for a few moments so you can enjoy them@

    ReplyDelete