Pages

Monday, July 03, 2023

Spinning My Wheels

It took me a minute this morning to remember that it's Monday; having a Tuesday off is a bit weird, and if I were in charge, I would have shut down the office today as well. I expect that many people will be off today and not much will be happening at work, but I do have two meetings this morning.

We had a very wet weekend, with rain and storms on and off. I did manage to get out and walk both days, and it felt a bit like walking through soup because the humidity was so high. I had grand plans of spending Saturday afternoon at my wheel (as Saturday was the first day of the Tour de Fleece) but got caught up in cleaning bathrooms and doing laundry. Still, I managed to finish up the final bobbin of singles for my combo spin yesterday morning:

I spent about three hours total yesterday afternoon and evening plying, and I still have room on the bobbin (and will likely be filling a second bobbin as well!):

I'll be interested to see how much yardage is in the finished skeins. If I assume an average of about 400 yards per bag of fiber, then I should have somewhere in the range of 1,200 yards, but I would not be surprised if I have more than that. I will say that for projects like this, I am very glad to have my Super Skeiner so I don't have to kill my shoulder winding off the yarn using a niddy noddy!

Finally, I wanted to mention that I did manage to publish my sock pattern Friday afternoon, so you can find it on Ravelry and Payhip if you're interested.


If you're celebrating the 4th tomorrow, I hope you have a wonderful holiday! I'm not feeling especially patriotic this year, but I will certainly enjoy a day off from work and a chance to get together with family.

8 comments:

  1. Your sock pattern is delightful! I've not yet tried socks, but these tempt me...and I could even put a little pompom on the back, just for fun. (Someone special has been telling me she wants pompom socks. And that someone special is not one of my kids -- it's my 53-yr-old best friend!)
    Enjoy the day off. And I'm with you--seems today would have been a holiday for you? I'd imagine a few would be absent from meetings this morning.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shades of green are lovely and I'll look forward to seeing the final skein! I may need to give that sock pattern a try. Running socks are one area where I like commercial socks better, but these just might be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those greens are beautiful! That sock is very clever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the greens that you have spun. Those shortie socks are so cute! I don't wear short socks much at all, but I could possibly be tempted!! Happy 4th. It already feels sticky here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new pattern! I just bought it because I have been curious about knitting up some shorties lately! I'm nearly finished with the socks on my needles right now and will probably cast on these next!

    The greens on your bobbins are just beautiful. I hope you find some extra time for spinning today and enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a great sock pattern! I've never been a fan of the 4th of July holiday as I was generally home alone all day while Dale would work 3 jobs with his band (a parade in the morning, a concert for Veterans in the afternoon, and a concert on the Cape in the evening) but with the direction our SCOTUS has put us lately, I'm feeling particularly UN patriotic these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those socks are so cute! (and I like your spinning as always!) No celebrations here this year... and I am hoping that the neighbors don't set off fireworks as late as they did last night... Sherman is NOT a fan!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That combo spin looks so good!

    ReplyDelete