Pages

Monday, January 29, 2024

One Little Word 2024

It's the final Monday of the month (hallelujah, January is almost over!), and that means it's time to check in on my One Little Word. In this case, it's also time to share my word! At this time last month, I was panicking a bit because I didn't yet know what my word would be. I haven't been picking a word for that long, and it seems like it always takes me until the last days of the previous year to figure out what the focus will be for the new year. And with the exception of 2020, it always seems to come to me while I'm on a long walk in Florida. This year was no exception. I was out on one my last walks of the year and was weighing several options when something different occurred to me, and I realized at once that it was my word.

My One Little Word for 2024 is Better. I've realized in reflecting on my purpose in engaging in this whole practice since the beginning was to focus on improving myself and my life. I've chosen words that help me to focus my attention, manage how I spend my time and energy, and prioritize certain practices or activities. So for this year, it feels right to focus more generally in improvement. I love that Better doesn't mean perfection, and I love that it can be an adjective, an adverb, and a verb. I hope that over the course of this year, I can do and be Better in all aspects of my life, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out!

13 comments:

  1. What a fantastic word, Sarah! It is one that is full of opportunities... I think you will have an incredibly better year because of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better is an interesting choice and I will look forward to seeing where you go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great choice!! So many options with this word. Like I said on other blogs that revealed their (new) word for the year, I'm looking forward to reading where this takes you. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I just love this for you, Sarah! I'm looking forward to seeing where better takes you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh what a great word to go at this year. Good luck with all your endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the breadth of this, Sarah! What a neat choice. (And I love your corresponding visual--again.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see where you go with BETTER this year, Sarah. You're sure to have an interesting adventure. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I like this word. It reminds me of Mary’s reading better posts and feels very intentional.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of "Better." I also like that better doesn't require perfection. To me, it implies a willingness to move forward. So onward you go into 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! It gives you so much flexibility for 2024 and will allow you to acknowledge all of the little things you do to ensure your growth. I can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great word, Sarah! an adjective, an adverb, and a verb - it seems like plenty of options! and how wonderful that you have those long walks late in the year to allow you time to ponder and be inspired! Happy Better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh that is cool! Congratulations! As long as it doesn't result in stress (because better can be a constant demand), it sounds wonderful. :) I'm curious how it will shape up over the year!

    ReplyDelete