Pages

Friday, January 12, 2024

Proof of Life

Hello, friends -- I'm here and I survived the long day! The retreat ended up being not quite as bad as I'd thought it would be, but it was still a very long day, especially as I had another meeting via Zoom when I got home, so my day did not end until around 8:30. I think I'm most grumpy that I didn't get to exercise yesterday. But it's over and now it's Friday, and I have a three-day weekend ahead to recover.

I'm sure many of you are wondering how things went with my knitting yesterday, and I'm happy to tell you that no one gave a hoot that I was knitting (and, in fact, several people asked what I was doing and one colleague even said that she wished she'd brought her crafting with her). And I got quite a lot done! I continued with the sock during my Zoom, but everything between these two markers (you may need to click on the photo to make it larger to see them clearly) was completed at the retreat yesterday:

I did not knit the entire time, in part because for one of the workshops I was serving as a scribe for a small group and was taking notes, but I think if I'd had that time back, I could have easily finished the sock while I was there. I know I was much more engaged because I had it with me, and it also helped me to not nod off at one point in the afternoon, so it made the day worth it in some small way.

Today, assuming work cooperates, I'll be plying up this bobbin of singles, which was finished on Wednesday:

I am really hoping it is a quiet day, because my brain is totally fried from both all that was going yesterday and from all the peopling -- this introvert needs her alone time!

I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend, and I hope to be back with some finished yarn and a finished sweater sleeve on Monday!

10 comments:

  1. I kinda feel like you should have today as comp time...right?! At least a half-day! Glad it wasn't AS bad as anticipated (so often the way), and you have such fun stripy-neess to show for it. Enjoy some time to yourself this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad you've got a long weekend now. It is really quite a brain-drain to be "on" for that many hours in a row! I love the socks; such great stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you survived and got so much knitting done! I hope work cooperates so you can get some exercise and plying done. Enjoy your three-day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfectly timed three day weekend! That long of a meeting is just tiring! I do agree, those stripey socks are just so fun! Have a great (long) weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to read you are still here! The sock certainly was a reward for enduring the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your socks and the yarn is awesome. Enjoy your long weekend ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that anticipation of the Retreat was worse than the actuality. Also glad you were able to work on those great socks. What fun colors!! Hoping today is easy and you can move into 3-day weekend mode quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of time to be with other people, I'm so glad you had your knitting with you. And this is an excellent reminder to me to finish sock 1 of the pair I am working on so that I am in a good place on sock 2 for the conference I am heading to next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank goodness for knitting. That retreat was long and it was a lot of peopling. What an apt phrase from a point of view I share with you, an introvert. The sock looks great. Have a restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete