Pages

Monday, September 16, 2024

Begin Again

It was hard to get up when my alarm went off this morning after waking several times during the night and then having strange dreams (I was back at college, though not a college I recognized, and I was assigned to live in a room shaped like a giant tooth!?), so I am thankful for hot coffee in my favorite mug. We had a fun but busy weekend, and I could have used another day to rest (but isn't that always the case?).

Hamilton was great. I actually liked this cast better than the one we saw five years ago, although our Aaron Burr was having a little trouble during "Wait for It" and seemed a little off key to me. But in general I thought the actors were all extremely talented singers and did an excellent job of enunciating so that the lyrics could be understood. Molly loved the show and said that she was glad she didn't see it until now because she has now studied American history and could understand all the context.

I took my double-ended hat with me to work on during the show because it was the only project I had in progress that I could knit without looking. I totally forgot to put a marker in to see how much I knit, but I can tell that the ball of yarn is getting smaller.

My main fiber focus over the weekend was my spinning project. I did end up finishing the singles late Friday, and yesterday I wound them into a center-pull ball and plied them:

On today's to-do list is winding the yarn off and setting the twist. 

I expect it to be a busy week at work -- that big project that keeps threatening has to get done and off to print -- but at least there are things to look forward to. This afternoon the Booker Prize shortlist will be revealed, and tomorrow evening is the next Read With Us Zoom discussion. And union ballots are due this week! I hope your week is off to a good start, and I'll see you back here on Wednesday for an update.

8 comments:

  1. What a full and fun weekend, Sarah! I am so glad you enjoyed Hamilton so much! (and what fun to see it through Molly's eyes this time!) Have a great week! (and I am very much looking forward to our discussion tomorrow night as well! and thanks for the Booker reminder!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful weekend Sarah! What fun to see Hamilton with Molly. Like Kat, I'm looking forward to our Zoom discussion tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often wonder what purpose weird dreams are serving and the room shaped like a big tooth is a weird one! I'm glad you both enjoyed Hamilton and wish your weekend could have been longer. That handspun reminds me of lovely wintry colors; it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a very FULL weekend! I hope you get your yarn wound and set and that work doesn't interfere too much with fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bizarre dream?! My dreams are always rather mundane...nothing so intriguing as a 'tooth room'!!
    So glad Hamilton was a wonderful experience for you two. The role of the king is always my 'litmus test,' for whatever reason. (And Jonathan Groff sets that bar high!)
    I just finished Ministry of Time. Can't wait to hear the reactions/responses tomorrow night. See you then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend! So glad Molly (I am hesitant to use her full name but know that she's given us permission!!) enjoyed the show. Now that it's on my brain I'm sure I'll be listening to the soundtrack at some point today!

    I hope you were able to ease into your work week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy that you had a lovely weekend and that Molly enjoyed Hamilton. Your spinning is gorgeous! Any special plans for the finished yarn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina! No plans for this yarn -- I spun it just to spin it.

      Delete