Pages

Friday, September 27, 2024

Finishing It Up

I am so glad it's Friday -- it's been a long week! We've finally gotten rain this week, which we badly need but which also has been disrupting my typical exercise schedule. I guess we're getting to that time of year when I can't count on being able to get outside every day, and that's okay! Work has been busy and the Mister has had early appointments a couple of days this week, so I've had to do the morning school run and been more rushed in the morning. I am looking forward to a quieter couple of days this weekend.

There has been some knitting this week. I knit another baby hat for a gift, this time for our neighbors, who had a baby this summer, so I made it a little larger.

I think I've now knit this pattern (Ravelry link) about eight times, and I love it every time! It's great when you need a gift in a hurry, too; I knit the second one in two evenings without too much effort.

I also started the socks for my mother-in-law with the deep-stash yarn:

I like how this yarn is knitting up and the fabric it's creating. I don't know how durable this particular fiber blend will be, but the socks should feel nice, and that's really all I are about.

Yesterday I got a hankering to spin again, so I pulled out some of the fiber that Margene sent me a while back when she was clearing out her fiber stash. This is some roving from Wooly Wonka Fibers, a blend of CVM, alpaca, angora, and sparkle. This photo (taken on a gloomy morning) doesn't do it justice:

The weekend ahead should be pretty uneventful, but the highlight is that all three of us are signed up to run in the Great Race 5K on Sunday morning. The Mister and I have been doing it for many years (though I missed it last year because of COVID), but this is Molly's first time. She's been running a bit this summer to get ready for it, and she's going to be doing it with a friend, so I don't have to stay with her and her slow pace. Right now the weather forecast is showing showers off and on over the course of the day, but we might get lucky and get a break for our race time. Other than that, I plan to spend the weekend in the kitchen. My mother has asked me to bake the challah for our family Rosh Hashanah dinner next week, and I'm also planning to make chicken soup and matzah balls (we'll eat some for dinner on Sunday but also freeze some soup for any sickness needs this winter).

I hope those of you in the path of Hurricane Helene stay safe and your power stays on, and I hope everyone has a restorative weekend!

7 comments:

  1. The rain has been much appreciated this week (despite the humidity!) I hope the weather cooperates for your race this weekend! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little pumpkin hats are so cute! I love matzah ball soup but I've never made it myself. Do you have a recipe you can share? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little hats are so dang cute!!! Have a great weekend, Sarah -- and enjoy the Great Race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something massively satisfying about using up the yarn that's been lingering the longest. Those hats are too perfect - they're going to be loved! And I love the idea of preparing for cold & flu season by preparing the chicken soup now! Enjoy your weekend, Sarah. I hope it's quiet and uneventful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'm repeating myself, but I love the colors in those baby hats so much, they're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pumpkin hats are adorable and love the socks! Enjoy your weekend ☺️

    ReplyDelete