Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Just call me Kermit

Yes, I frogged again. Thank you to Holly, who pointed out I was making the same mistake she did with the borders on Trellis (they're reverse stockinette, not garter stitch) and directing me to this post on Jill's blog about her own [mis]adventures with this pattern. So I have started over, and this time I hope and pray I will do it correctly, because lately I've not been having great luck with patterns.

Today I caved and signed up for the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics, in which I will be competing in the Blanche-Neige event. I would be "training" (that is, swatching) this very evening were it not for one minor complication -- my Knit Picks order hasn't arrived yet. It was shipped on Friday, so it's now been in the mail for four days. I'm starting to suspect that my mailman is a closet knitter and has stolen my fibers and my turbos. Keep your fingers crossed that it comes tomorrow! There aren't very many training days left before the start of the game, and as I know I'll need to play around a bit to get gauge, I will need as many of them as possible.

Now, can anyone tell me how to "steal" a button and get it on to my blog?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:54 AM

    I can help you with the button issue. You know how to reach me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the Olympics! You should be able to right-click the button on the Harlot's site and save it to wherever you save all of your blog photos, then post and link it like you normally would.

    ReplyDelete