Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Just in time for sandal weather...


Pattern: Lady's Plain Winter Socks (same as Gentleman's Plain Winter Socks) from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks
Needles: US 1 circs (legs and feet) and dpns (heels and gussets)
Yarn: Knit Picks Simple Stripes (75% superwash wool, 25% nylon) in Storm
Started/Finished: April 4/April 14
Mods: As with J's socks, I grafted the last 14 stitches of the toe to finish.

If I can toot my own horn for a moment, did you notice that the stripes match up? If not, here's another shot that might make it more obvious:

6 comments:

  1. Yay for matching stripes! Your socks look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those matching stripes and yes, I DID notice!!!!!! I used the same yarn (Sweet Tarts though) on #0 dpns - too tight. Next time I am trying #2 dpns and see how I do. Your's are gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOO matching stripes!!! Cool socks, SJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter's would say, "Look, first position!" Cute socks. Love the colors. (first position is a ballet term in case that didn't make any sense)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:44 PM

    Oh my gosh, the stripes DO perfectly match up! How on earth did you do that? They are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:38 PM

    Jen and I were knittin' and talkin' last eve, and we discussed the virtue of matching stripes in handknitted sock. You have achieved the pinnacle of matchiness!

    ReplyDelete