Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Still Striping

With much cooler weather in the forecast (I even heard the S word mentioned for the weekend), I am just itching to start my Effortless Cardigan. I'm being a good knitter, though, and focusing on my obligation knitting before I start another big project for myself -- specifically, the striped blanket for the December baby.

Were it not for the fact that this blanket has three balls of yarn attached to it at any given time and ends to weave in every 10 rows or so, I have no doubt that I'd have been done with it long ago. But, because of all those details, I can only work on it when I can spread the yarn around me, which means the knitting is not getting done in fits and starts but rather in occasional bursts of sustained knitting time. I can do a stripe in about an hour, so I'm managing to get in about two stripes in a good evening's worth of knitting time.


So what's taking so long? It seems that I'm going to need a lot more stripes than I thought I would at the outset; I'm in the middle of my 18th stripe now and probably need 21 (maybe even 24) before I feel it's long enough to do the end border. The blanket is about 24 inches wide, so I'd like it to be a little longer than that. I am hopeful that I can have it done by the weekend, provided I can focus enough to work on it and only it in the evenings. (I'll readily admit that some pretty fiber and my spinning wheel might seduce me for an evening or two, though.)

All Spun Up Polwarth/Silk

5 comments:

  1. That blanket is looking really, really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say the same thing to you that people say to me when they see me knitting the sweater for my sister: You must really, really love the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the blanket is looking good. i am so sad i passed up on the polwarth/silk. clearly that was a mistake. *sadface*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This blanket is so striking, love the colors so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOAH, that fiber looks amazing! And I still love the blanket. It's going to be such a special gift!

    ReplyDelete