Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Knitter's Crisis

I'm finding myself in a very odd position right now, one that's very unusual for me: I don't have any active projects on the needles.

Last night I finished a cowl for Rainbow from a pattern that I was test knitting for a friend. It was a relatively fast knit (and would have been faster had I not had to tink so much -- a situation, I think, that was likely caused by knitting with dark yarn in low light) and made a very cute accessory. I used maybe half, maybe a little more, of one skein of Berroco Vintage that I rescued from the orphans bin at my LYS.



The cowl uses several different stitch patterns and techniques, which kept it very interesting, but I think my favorite part was the brioche stitch at the top. Brioche is one of those things that I'd long wanted to try but never quite got around to until now, and I enjoyed it so much that I think I'm going to use it to turn that rainbow skein of yarn I spun recently into a big, squishy brioche infinity cowl.

Finished today was a shawl I've been working on for about a week and a half. It will look much better and a little different when it's blocked, of course, but for now it's just a blob of knitting (a sparkly blob, at that).

I call this composition "Gray Shawl on a Gray Day"

So now I'm in that very rare position where I don't have anything I'm actively working on. I do have a couple of projects in hibernation, including the baby doll that I started for Rainbow more than a year ago that she's started bugging me about lately, but I think I will remedy the situation by casting on a new project tonight. I also have a pretty significant amount of yarn leftover from my TTL Mystery Socks that I'm planning on using for some socks for Rainbow, though I have to retake some measurements before I can start those. I am getting an itch to knit another sweater for myself, too, so I think I may wind some yarn this weekend and start swatching. I have that lovely BMFA Targhee Worsted that I got for Chanukah that should knit up pretty quickly -- probably fast enough to still be able to wear the sweater before it gets warm, right?

1 comment:

  1. Hush! I have so many unfinished projects that I don't see an end in sight! ;)

    ReplyDelete