Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2016

I'm Sensing a Theme

Is it really Thursday already? The week has flown by. We have one more full day of vacation (sob!) and will be heading home on Saturday. Fortunately it seems we have missed the nasty last blast of winter, so we'll be headed home to spring, really and truly.

After the first swatching fail earlier in the week, I spent Tuesday evening ripping out and then reknitting the swatch for my Hitofude Cardigan, this time in the correct stitch pattern. I knit two repeats of the lace in three needle sizes (US 4, 5, and 6, or 3.5, 3.75, and 4.0 mm), then blocked the swatch overnight. I settled on the 6/4.0 mm, and I'm still the tiniest bit off on gauge, but I think that I can work out the difference with some aggressive blocking. I made the smallest of starts last night, which you can see here along with my swatch.


Today we did a lot of driving around -- errands, lunch out, etc. -- before going to see Zootopia (which I highly enjoyed), so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to cast on a new pair of socks. This is yet another self-striping pair in Fibernymph Dye Works Bounce, colorway Bubble Gum:


All that time turned into a bit more than five inches of knitting, so I'm nearly done with the leg of my first sock! Did you happen to notice, by the way, that all my knitting is currently pink? I promise that was not intentional, but it is a funny coincidence.

We're hoping that we get one last pool day in tomorrow (personally, I'm hoping to get through a couple hundred more pages of my 1,000-plus-page book), and then it will be back home and back to the grind. As sad as I will be to have to go back to work, though, I am looking forward to getting home to my other WIP, a sweater that is just a sleeve and a half away from being finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment