Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

Pattern Release: Zeccola Hat

Sometimes when I'm designing I find that I can't get a stitch pattern out of my mind. That was the case with this one, even though I'd worked it many times while knitting the cowl. I kept thinking that it would look great as a two-tone hat, and as luck had it, I had two skeins of one of my favorite yarns, Yarn Hollow Tor DK, that I'd rescued from the orphans bin at my LYS last fall. It didn't take me long to wind the skeins and cast on. And in a couple of days, I had a hat.


The hat is worked from the brim up, starting with the first color. After the ribbed brim and a few plain rounds, the colorwork begins. The dominant color gradually shifts to the second color, which is used to finish out the crown.


There's a little bit of slouch worked into the hat, though you can add or subtract length as you like. You can even add a pompom if you like! (Rainbow of course wanted a "pommie" on hers.)


The pattern is written for three sizes -- Child (Teen/Adult Small, Adult Large), to fit a head circumference of 20 (22, 24) inches. You'll need two colors of DK-weight yarn to knit this hat; two skeins of the yarn I used for the samples was enough to make the two hats (one with a pompom) and still have leftovers. The colorwork pattern is charted only. The pattern has been tech edited and test knit -- you'll have to keep an eye on the projects to see the amazing color combinations the test knitters came up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment