Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2020

A Little Meditation

What a wild winter weekend it has been. We woke up yesterday (thanks to the beeping of the salt truck back up our street) to snow, which was followed in short order by sleet, freezing rain, and finally plain old rain. It was a miserable day, and though Rainbow and I did have to make a trip to the grocery store, we spent most of it inside, staying warm and dry. Today is thankfully less exciting, with just some scattered light snow showers, but it is very cold and windy out there, so I was more than happy to spend some time at my wheel, which is conveniently located next to the radiator in our bedroom. It is a relaxing and meditative way to spend an otherwise lazy Sunday.


This is oatmeal BFL from Fibernymph Dye Works. I'd intended to spin it a bit thicker, but I guess my fingers had other plans. I'm spinning from one end of the top to the other, and when all the singles are done, I'll wind them off into a center-pull ball and ply it back on itself.

While I've been spinning today, I've been watching the Netflix series Unbelievable. I had heard good things about it, but it wasn't until I started watching that I realized that I was familiar with the true story upon which the show is based thanks to an episode of This American Life. I'm only about halfway through the series but can already recommend it (and I can definitely recommend the podcast episode).

I'm looking forward to another quiet evening of crafting and reading and a bit of sleeping in tomorrow for the final day of our long weekend. Remind me again why I decided it was a good idea to schedule Rainbow's dentist appointment for first thing in the morning on a rare Monday off?

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful spinning! I know the sleet and the freezing rain probably stinks but as someone who lives in a part of the world where current temperatures are WAAAY up right now (7-11°C), I think a little more cold would be better ... Good luck for the dentist appointment! I hope it will be quick and painless! (I hate going, but I know it has to be sometimes).

    ReplyDelete
  2. More beautiful spinning, and I'm glad you had a nice weekend to accomplish some relaxing spinning. I bet that early dentist appt on a day off sounded like a good idea when you scheduled it, but don't make that mistake again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was certainly a weekend for *all the weather at once*! I enjoyed Unbelievable very much - and thanks for the link to the podcast!

    ReplyDelete