Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2020

'Tis Done

As of about an hour ago, I am DONE with my Rambouillet fleece. I have plied all the singles and the last two skeins are now soaking to set the twist. I'm quite pleased with the fact that when I finished the last skein, this is what remained of the singles:


I will of course be sharing a final photo of the full pile once it's all dry, but here are the first four skeins:


These are super squishy but also shrank up quite a bit in the finishing. My niddy noddy is two yards around (76 inches), but the skeins are measuring 54 inches around after they dry. Assuming the final two skeins do the same, I should end up with nearly 1,500 yards of yarn!

The final plying was powered by some new toys -- two new Akerworks bobbins for my WooLee Winder. They were having a special grab bag sale, so I took advantage. I feel like they might be a little wasted on plain brown, but it is pretty cool to look at a full bobbin when you can see through the end.


My next spinning project will be dyed fiber. As much as I've enjoyed this fleece, I'm craving color!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing your well-spun batch of fiber; it looks really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish on your spun fiber! I know what a job it is to do all the steps from fleece to knitted article and I am impressed! You sure get a lot done, and a Mom who works too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! It came out BEAUTIFULLY. I'm curious about your next colourful spinning adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! I am impressed with your staying power. I’m afraid I’d have been tempted to ‘take a break’ (famous last words!!!). Enjoy your upcoming color splash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! And well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tis done ... with beautiful results - have you made any dent in your fiber stash yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous yarn. I look forward to seeing what you knit with it. As ever, your spinning is inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete