Pages

Monday, March 11, 2024

Birthday Weekending

Thank you all for the birthday wishes on Friday! I was able to get all my typical weekend chores done on Friday, so I was able to relax on Saturday and spend the day doing fun things rather than scrubbing toilets and folding laundry. Unfortunately the weather wasn't great -- it rained pretty much all day on Saturday, and on Sunday, despite the fact that the sky looked clear and it was sunny when I left for a run, there were sudden snow squalls and I came home looking like this:

I was soaked and got right into a hot shower! And then I put on wool socks and a wool sweater to warm up.

So, other than having cake this weekend, my birthday was spent doing things I enjoy. I drank good coffee. I realized we had some eggs to use up, so I baked challah (which is in the freezer now for future shabbats):

I read parts of three different books (one on paper, one on audio, and one on Kindle). And I cast on a new sweater in handspun:

This morning I'm headed to the orthodontist first thing to pick up my new/replacement retainer, and later this morning I have my annual check-up at my doctor. And today also starts the countdown to our spring break trip. It's actually a four-day work week for me (it's spring break week, so staff get off Friday for "spring holiday), and our flight is Friday evening, so I've got to start packing! We all know clothing isn't the big decision -- it's what knitting and books to take!

8 comments:

  1. That is an interesting start to a sweater! (I really love the yarn!) Good luck at your appointment later today! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the perfect birthday weekend (except maybe for the snow squalls while you were running). I hope you have some leftover cake and can get your knitting and reading planned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake, knitting and reading all sound good to me. Running in snow squalls...not so much! LOL. Overall it sounds like a good weekend. Your sweater start is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet that run made for the BEST shower!! And I'm glad your birthday was filled with some of your favorite things.
    Happy planning/packing...I look forward to hearing what you choose! We have a spring break road trip coming up (it will be my first time back in FL since 5th grade!). I need to find a mindless project for the car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great weekend! Choosing what books and knitting projects to bring on vacation is always such a trial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bread looks fantastic. I'm so glad you got to spend Saturday doing the things you enjoy, even if the weather wasn't the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Challah in the freezer ... woohoo! Also, I need to up my braiding game for the next time I make it! If I figured right, you have ONE MORE DAY of work from home this week before you head south! Hope it's going well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Challah looks delicious. I bet you were chilly after that run in the rain. I look forward to seeing more of that sweater.

    ReplyDelete