Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Happy 2006, all (meaning all two or three of you who actually read this blog -- J being one of them). Hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year's Eve. J and I had an interesting time at the home of some friends. There were a lot of babies/little kids present. J particularly got a kick out of one almost-two-year-old who would answer "No!" to just about every question (except, ironically, something to the effect of "Are you a nutcase?")

We've been having a relaxing vacation, so much so that I've neglected this blog when in fact my intention was to use the free time to shower it with affection. The one improvement is the little thumbnail gallery you see off to the right, which J (my computer genius of a boyfriend) spent about two hours doing for me. He has promised to show me how to do it on my own before we go back to work on Tuesday, which is especially helpful since I'll need to start a gallery for 2006 FO's.

I already have my first finished project of the new year -- J's socks (I still need to weave the ends in and block them, so a photo will have to be posted later). I finished them up this afternoon, while watching the Steelers deliver a good butt-whooping to the Lions. I also need to post pictures later (tonight or tomorrow, I promise) of The Great Yarn Organization Project of 2005, completed this past week, the Great Holiday Present of 2005 (from J), and The Exciting 12/31 Shipment from Knitpicks, in addition to the socks.

Since I never keep them, I have determined not to make New Year's resolutions this year. However, I am setting some very specific knitting goals for myself, which I don't consider unreasonable under the circumstances (and I think you'll see what I mean):
  • Finish the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino cabled scarf, BEFORE it reaches its first birthday in March.
  • Finish the royal purple Lion Brand Microspun scarf I started back when I was in grad school (in 2003-04, mind you. You haven't seen it because it was just recently uncovered in the The Great Yarn Organization Project of 2005; I made a hat to start with, and the scarf was already about 2/3 complete before I put it down for unknown reasons.)
  • Sew on buttons and block this baby sweater for my cousin BEFORE the baby is born (he's due in February).
  • Finish Clappy -- she's half done, and tired of being ignored.
  • STASH BUST. Get rid of as much of the "icky" acrylic in my stash as possible. This could mean a lot of baby garments, since I consider acrylic the perfect fiber for babies who tend to spill, drool, and spit up.

More later when I can post pretty pictures!

P.S. I'm sad to report that I didn't manage to finish Villette before the end of the year (I was about 25 pages short). The goal is to finish it tonight, so that I can chalk up my first finished knitting project and first finished book of the year on the same day.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see a photo of you Clapotis! I just love those things.

    ReplyDelete