For the past week or so, I've been alluding to the fact that J and I have a vacation coming up. Here are the details that "nebby minds" want to know: This Friday, we are leaving for a week in Hilton Head with the whole family (and by whole family I mean my parents, J's parents, and my kid brother -- you'll be happy to hear that we'll be in a big house with a bathroom for each bedroom). After considering my options, I decided that I would take only sock yarn with me, since socks are bound to be the most practical and most portable project I could take on the trip.
And therein lies the key question you must answer as your entry to the contest: How many socks do you think I will complete by the end of the trip?
Here are the rules:
I'm sure the big question on everyone mind is, What do I win? Will this do as a prize?
This is a skein of Colinette Jitterbug in colorway 87, Bright Charcoal. I decided to use the last of my Knit One birthday gift card to buy this and I'm hoping it'll have a good home to go to when I get back from vacation.
If you need some help in making your guess, here are some things you might want to know:
- The fastest I've ever knit a pair of socks was four days (these socks, specifically), and that was while working full time, so I certainly wasn't knitting all day long.
- We are driving down to Hilton Head, in two cars and over two days. I am not planning on doing any of the driving.
- The trip is approximately 700 miles, so we anticipate the whole trip will take roughly 10-12 hours, depending on traffic and whether or not we get lost along the way. We are also leaving in the early afternoon on Friday, so we'll have daylight for pretty much all of the trip.
- I am planning on taking a couple books with me, but I don't know if I'll actually spend that much time reading (after all, this is a vacation and I do read for a living!)
- I am NOT telling you how much yarn I am taking with me.
I am going to be taking my laptop with me and hope to be updating on the road, for all of you who like to keep score. Also, does anyone know of any good knitter-friendly attractions or even yarn stores in Hilton Head? If I find a yarn store, I just might decide to pick up some other prizes for a random drawing to be held later ...
Okay knitters, make your guess! (This should be a good opportunity for some of you to delurk!)
12 p.m. EST ETA: The contest is now closed. Thanks for your guesses! Please check back to see my progress!