Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Almost the Weekend

Just a quick update for tonight and a brief explanation of the weekend ahead.

No new pictures, but Aidan's sweater was blocked last night and is almost dry. I'm working on the miniature socks. They're so tiny and so cute! I also picked out some neutral buttons from my collection that I hope will work.

A little box was sitting on my stoop when I got home today with the South West Trading Company Infinity I'd ordered from Crown Mountain Farms to make the knit garter and perhaps also a shawl for the wedding. For the most part, I was very pleased with their customer service. I received several personalized updates on my order, first to let me know that they'd been away for the weekend and then that my yarn had shipped. There was even a hand-written note from Teyani and Klaus on the packing slip, wishing me happy knitting. There was just one little problem -- I think they sent me the wrong color. I ordered white and I think the cone I got is in natural. Actually, I'd been worried that the white might be too white, since my wedding gown is a light ivory, so this might work better.

I may be AWOL from the blog for the next few days, and I didn't want you to think I was wallowing in despair because the lone skein of Koigu that was mis-knit seems to be in a discontinued colorway. My shower and bachelorette party are this weekend, so many friends and relatives will be coming into town, including some who will be staying at our place, so that may preclude blogging time and, potentially, knitting time. In any case, I will hope to have an adorable little finished object for my next post to make it up to you. Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy the festivities!

    Perhaps that Koigu wants to be ankle socks? Or maybe even something else... somebody (either wendyknits or knitntonic) has a whole list of things to do with just a wee bit of Koigu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:48 PM

    So sorry to hear of your mistake and now the color being discontinued! Terrible!

    Your socks are coming along quite nicely, I cannot wait for you to get them!

    Have a super fun weekend!

    Sockapalooza4 Pal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:48 PM

    Have fun, have fun, have FUN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:13 AM

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great weekend! Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a great time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great weekend, especially since it will be a better one-of than a lose skein of yarn!

    ReplyDelete