Pages

Saturday, June 09, 2007

We're Back!

It was a long day, but we made it. We left Hilton Head at 6 am and got back to the Pittsburgh area at about 6 pm. J and I went out for dinner on the way home, unpacked, and now we're ready to relax. It was a bit of a pain to do the trip in one day (my poor knees are still aching from not being able to stretch my legs in the back seat), but we're both glad to be back and still have a day of the weekend to catch up and run our errands before I have to go back to work and J has to go back to Virginia on Monday.

But you don't really care about that stuff, do you? I know, I know, you just want to know what the magic number of socks is after the whole trip, don't you? I won't keep you in suspense any longer -- here we are:


Left to right, we have the first Hedera I finished on the trip down; J's ankle socks; the mini Monkey socks for my Sockapalooza pal; the Autumn House Farm socks (you saw the first one yesterday; the second was finished in the car today); and finally a completed leg of the second Hedera, which is, unfortunately, all I was able to do today on account of not feeling well in the car.

The final count? According to the rules I originally laid out, that's a grand total of seven and one-third socks completed.

And we have a winner! Amanda correctly predicted that I would knit 7.33 socks over the course of vacation, apparently using a very advanced scientific technique. She will be receiving the skein of Colinette Jitterbug along with a souvenir I picked up on HHI, a measuring tape from the famous Salty Dog Cafe.

Tomorrow, the spoils of my trip to the Knit One sale, a full FO report on the socks I finished this morning, and more contest winners!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:47 PM

    You mean you actually braved that traffic to go to Knit One???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:37 AM

    I can't believe you managed to go all that way in the back seat! I would have thrown up - I get car sick so easily that I always have to sit up front.

    You did quite a lot of sock knitting - and I don't think the short ones are "cheating" because they're still socks! I have to find a good pattern for my Sockapalooza's socks and get started soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyyyy!!! How exciting! Can't you just see me doing a victory dance at the BN cafe next Weds? Hee!

    ReplyDelete