Pages

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Finished: J's Ankle Socks


Pattern: 2x2 ribbed cuff and stockinette foot with a PGR short-row heel
Yarn: Louet Gems fine/sport weight (100% superwash merino), colorway Cherry Red, one skein
Needles: two US 1 (2.5 mm) 12" Addi Turbo circs*
Started/Completed: June 2, approximately 9:15 a.m./June 3, approximately 6 p.m.
Recipient: J

There's not much to say about these, is there? They were a straightforward knit and, I must admit, they got a little boring toward the end (I loves me some simple stockinette every now and then, but J's feet are BIG!).

Vacation sock count: 3 socks completed



* Jess has asked to see how I knit socks on two 12" circs. I've actually thought about doing a little tutorial on the subject for a while, and perhaps this vacation is a good opportunity to do it. I can't promise I'll get it up this week, but at least I'll take the opportunity of having J with me to have him take some pictures.

4 comments:

  1. You know, now that I'm a magic loop fan, I haven't used 2 circs in ages...but also used the shorter ones. They weren't all that bad! J's socks look great. I commend him for wearing red ankle socks. I don't think Bill would be caught dead in them!!

    Hope to see you again in a couple of weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Says Tom: "I think I underestimated her!"

    Hope the weather dries up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ankle socks? ANKLE SOCKS???!!??? THAT'S CHEATING!

    *sigh* It's OK. I have too much Jitterbug in my stash anyway. And I just went a little bonkers at my favorite yarn store yesterday. Bought three whole projects to tide me over through unpacking and the rest of the summer. Yikes!!!

    Hope you are having FUN! cause that's all that matters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:31 PM

    Hope you're having a relaxing and knitful vacation. I'm sure you'll knit a platoon's worth of socks, but I'm not partaking in the contest.

    ReplyDelete