Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

One Triplet Down ...

Dear me, that title sounds bad, doesn't it? What I mean to say is that the knitting for the first of the triplets is done (and modeled very kindly by our lava lamp):

Pattern: Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmermann
Yarn: Cascade 220 Tweed (green), color 7601, one skein, and Cascade 220 Wool (brown), color 9465, approximately 1/2 a skein
Needles: 32" US 5 (3.75 mm) Addi Turbo circs
Started/Completed: January 3/January 10
Mods: none

What can I say? This knit is not only fast and fun, it's an adorable baby sweater (and trust me when I tell you it looks a lot better on a baby than it does on a lava lamp). The pattern was much easier to follow the second time around, mostly because I knew what to expect. I slipped the first stitch on each row, as EZ recommends, and I just love the smooth edge that resulted.

The next sweater, for the other boy triplet, is going to use the same green and a light gray for the stripes. I haven't yet figured out the colors for the girl triplet's sweater, but all three are going to have the same buttons (somehow I managed to buy three sets of the same type -- unheard of!).

This next picture gives you a better idea of the striping, and it reminds me strangely of Beaker.

I'm going to cast on for the second sweater tonight. The garter stitch has reeled me in!

Oh, and Yvonne was right: After the Noro, er, experience, I couldn't resist the siren call of the no-purl Monkey.


Ahhhh. That's better.

5 comments:

  1. Beaker rocks. I just don't want to have to be Dr. Bunsen Honeydew! (I just LOVE the Muppetts!) BSJ looks great. You? No-purl Monkeys? Nah. Can't believe it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:26 PM

    OK, now we can race, cuz you have one triplet down and you have 2 more to go and I have twins to go.

    I can't believe you went all the way down to a size 5 for Cascade 220? You must be a loose knitter.

    Also, where does EZ say to slip the stitches?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jitterbug! Makes me want to go get mine out (purple/pink colorway) and make some purlless monkeys too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! Even if it does look like Beaker.
    ;-)

    I saw the Noro sick yarn in person today at TNNA. ICK. You'll be much happier with the Monkeys I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet looking sweater. I'll look forward to a picture of all the triplets wearing their sweaters.

    Sorry to hear about the Noro sock yarn. I've already decided I'm not giving it a try. There's just too much wonderful yarn in the world to knit with icky yarn.

    ReplyDelete