Pages

Friday, January 25, 2008

The Trifecta

The trio of triplet Baby Surprise Jackets is complete!

Pattern: Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmermann
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers, color 9461 (green), one skein, and Cascade 220 Wool, color 4002 (charcoal), approximately 1/2 a skein
Needles: 32" US 5 (3.75 mm) Addi Turbo circs
Started/Completed: January 20/January 24 (the fastest of the three!)
Mods: same as the last one -- why mess with what works?

Now I know some of you are going to be saying that this one looks an awful lot like the first one, but I can assure you that while they are similar, they are in fact different shades. Coordinating, but not matching, remember?

The green in this most recent BSJ is the same color I used for my Central Park Hoodie, a limey green heather, and the stripes are most definitely a deep charcoal. You may also notice that the buttonholes are on the opposite side; this last BSJ is for the girl triplet. I may need to add a little touch of femininity to make it just a tad more apparent -- perhaps a little flower sewn to one side? All suggestions are welcome (including from those of you who think I should leave these the way they are!). These jackets need a little wash and block, but other than that, they're ready to go once the triplets arrive!

Last night I decided to go with my instincts and cast on for the Chevron Scarf. (Remember? You saw the yarns I was considering, but no one had any strong opinions.) I think when it's done, it might make me a little dizzy when I look at it for too long, but right now I'm loving it.


I bought this Koigu nearly two years ago in Alexandria, Virginia. It had been sitting in my stash ever since, probably because I could never find a pattern I thought worthy of this sock deliciousness. I'm really going to enjoy wrapping it around my neck (where it won't wear out as fast as it will on my feet).

In other sock news, I must tell you all that I washed my newest Monkeys for the first time the other night, and boy did they bleed! I had a sink full of very turquoise water when I was done, and clearly that wasn't all the dye, because there were blue bleed marks on my drying rack afterwards. As Kristie put it, this was the "tricrapta" for Jitterbug: short yardage, knots, and bleeding dye. I don't think I'll be buying this yarn again.

In happier sock news, my first shipment of the 2008 Rockin' Sock Club arrived today! I won't post any spoilers here for those who haven't received their package yet, but if you must see it, it's here in my Flickr stream. I like it!

Tomorrow we are headed up to the Laurel Highlands for a visit with some friends, so I'll be away from the computer for most of the weekend. I hope I have some adult sweater to show you when I get back!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, that STR is really pretty...

    Hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, now I'm jealous I'm not in the club! lol! PRETTY!

    Oh tricrapta... I'm debating putting mine in the trade section...

    So... all boy triplets?! Oh my... I'm tired just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not looking at the spoiler, but I just wanted to whine. WHERE IS MY STR? I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:28 AM

    That is one pretty colorway on the STR - makes me a little sad that I'm not in the club anymore. But I wonder, if I was in the club, would we have gotten such a wonderful yarn??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a little embrodiery on each BSJ would be adorable! Or you could switch out the first button. Or just leave them as is. I'm so much help...

    Looks like the color combo is working out great! Beautiful contrast!

    Ooooooohhhh, I LOVE that STR club color! SO SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:02 AM

    Those little jackets are so cute. Now that you mention it though, I do wonder how a little flower would look.

    Obviously my little play on words stuck with you. I think it's so funny you put that on your blog, Made me smile to think I was clever enough to come up with it. I guess that's my "one" for the year. Nothing clever left here.

    If the STR yarn is any indication of the yarn that the "clubbies" are getting this year, I'm kicking myself in the arse for not signing up. Crappers.

    Hope your weekend was fun, but that you return home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun little triplet jackets!

    I'm sad to hear that about the Jitterbug..especially since I have the most beautiful blue skein I have ever seen sitting right here in line to be knit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:09 PM

    There's something for you at my blog.

    ReplyDelete