Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Snowy Day Surprise

After a long day at work, I was anxious to get home but not at all looking forward to shoveling the driveway. Lucky me, I had a package waiting for me that made all the hard labor worth it -- my Vintage Sock Swap package!

My swap spoiler was Courtney, who put together the most wonderful package of goodies. The candle is a yummy, summery melon scent. That candy bar (crystallized ginger in dark chocolate) is going to be mine, all mine, and I'm thinking that the miniature hyacinth pot is going to do a lot to get me out of my "JanuFeb" dumps. What are a little hard to see in that plastic bag are some stunning stitch markers that will be perfect for when I cast on for my aunt's sweater this weekend; I suspect Courtney may have made them herself!

And the socks? Oh, the socks!


They are so thick and squishy -- the perfect socks for these frigid, damp days. The pattern is Child's First Sock in Shell Pattern, one I've knit several times myself and love. The mystery yarn is a darker blue than appears in this photo, with flecks of lighter shades. I adore them!

Thank you so much for everything, Courtney!

Tonight, the finishing of the third BSJ. I'm a mere three rows, two seams, and five buttons away. Expect to see a matching set tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely package! Did you also hear the "JanuFeb" story on NPR yesterday? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent package!

    JanuFeb dumps: I has them. (Too many lolcats? I has that too.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. More JanuFeb dumps on this end. Let's perhaps plan an extra knitting day?? Maybe Saturday or Sunday knitting??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:21 AM

    Great package and the socks are great! I finished some for myself in that same pattern an it just occured to me I have NO idea where they are. D'oh! (Based on a recent excavation, they're probably under the bed)

    ReplyDelete