Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Me and My Perfectionism

Ah, you all know me so well. Most of you said (more or less) that I should just suck it up and knit a third sock.

I waffled on this for a while. One part of me really didn't want to have to knit another one if I could get away with it. I thought about washing the socks that were already done to see if they'd even out. I even thought about overdyeing them -- anything to get out of knitting with more blindingly yellow super-thin sock yarn.

In the end, though, I just couldn't do it. I couldn't bear the idea of giving a good friend a pair of socks that I knew to be a mismatch. I checked the remaining skein of yarn I had in the stash, and it matched one that I'd already used. So, I cast on. The good news is that I have plenty of time (two and a half weeks) to finish it, not that I plan on taking that long. And, when it's done, I'll have most of that garish yarn out of the stash for good. I'm still not sure what to do with the odd sock out, though.

In any case, my brighter-than-bright yellow sock and I will be at the Waterworks Barnes & Noble tonight for the second February meeting of the Hurricane Knitters. Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. As much as you hate knitting with that yellow yarn, you'll be so glad to have a nice matching pair of socks to give your friend.

    Good decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't regret your decision...

    ReplyDelete