Pages

Friday, February 08, 2008

The Game Plan

Tomorrow is the annual Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet Festival. I am taking the beginning spinning class in the afternoon, so I am going to try to go early to do some browsing, and perhaps a little shopping, in the vendors' area. I am going to do my best to leave without too many new acquisitions because 1) I am trying to knit down the stash, as it has started to overgrow my knitting area; 2) we are putting our house on the market (eek!) in about two weeks and we have to do some serious decluttering; and 3) I am trying to save money for the new house (which we still have yet to find). I am going to be restricting myself to items that I cannot get at an LYS and perhaps a pattern or two. I'll be sure to show you just how well I do at keeping to this plan (or not) later in the weekend.

On a completely unrelated note, I had a very nice surprise waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday. You may remember these socks that I knit for a sock swap recently. As it turns out, my downstream swap pal was going through a bit of a rough time when my package arrived at her door, and she was so thankful for that little bit of happiness that she sent me a package of goodies in return -- some hand cream, a pair of bamboo needles, a novel called (appropriately enough) Knitting, and some other trinkets. The real star, however, was this:

Cherry Tree Hill Supersock DK in a colorway called Monet. Doesn't this just scream spring? I may need to knit this up right away to fend off the winter blues.

Not much exciting in my knitting world. I started a sleeve to go along with The Big Gray Tube (TM) at knit night on Wednesday and promptly messed up the increases -- er, I mean, integrated a design feature into the increases. I should have a finished pair of socks to show you before the weekend is out, and then I must cast on for the next baby sweater. The Pea Pod cardigan is to be delivered on Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. I just saw that Monet Cherry Tree Hill knit up into the socks you just finished, Bartholomew's Tantalizing Socks...it was beautiful!

    I hope we don't loose you to spinning............... have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh have fun! That CTH is lovely. I'm ready for spring myself! I was thrilled to have just gone outside for a moment at 10pm and it wasn't freezing! It's been months since I could say that. I'm sure it'll get there, but for now... the snow is still melting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm about to leave for the festival. That sad cry you hear around 9 am? That's my bank account at the Brooks Farm booth. Yep. I fell in love with a sweater's worth of worsted superwash during set-up yesterday ::swoon!!!"" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be happy to take all your STR and Malabrigo. You know, to help you declutter and all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:53 PM

    Good luck sticking to your plan at the festival. I'm trying to do the same thing next month at Stitches West. (Notice the word "try" in there though.) If you stick with your plan, maybe it will inspire me to stick to mine. (okay, notice I used the word "maybe" in that one .. I'm hopeless).

    That sock yarn is fantastic. It looks like a Monet painting was spun into yarn.

    ReplyDelete