Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Sneak Preview

I finished my aunt's sweater last night, in a mad flurry of excited knitting. It fits me perfectly; according to my uncle's measurements, we're the same size, so it should fit her as well. Right now the sweater is soaking in a tub of cool water and will soon be smoothed out on a drying rack to block. I think this garment is special enough to merit a real photo shoot (in actual daylight!), so you'll have to wait a couple days for it to dry before you get all the gorgeous shots. In the meantime, I hope you'll settle for a couple of pre-blocking shots.



The stranded portion of this sweater really worked out well; I almost wish I could keep this sweater for myself because of how warm the yoke is!

Tonight I am going to start on the next baby sweater -- Elizabeth Zimmermann's so-called February Sweater from Knitter's Almanac. Considering how quickly this latest sweater knit up, I have feeling this baby garment is going to be a breeze!

8 comments:

  1. Awww, no more big gray tube! I hope your aunt loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:12 AM

    You are just doing all the cool EZ projects huh? Your aunt is going to love that sweater. I can't wait to see modeled photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:26 AM

    I love it! That makes me want to start one. But didn't someone say yokes + overweight = bad look? (For me, not your aunt, obviously). What do you think?? :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:23 AM

    Wow, how on earth do you knit so damn fast? And you sure did justice to the PAtons brand name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, very cool stranding! Can't wait for the final FO pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful work! be very proud of a great job! I'm sure the recipient will be very happy with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks really great! I can't wait to see it in the daylight! It's getting so much easier to get good pictures again!

    You'll have a baby sweater whipped out in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete