Pages

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Autumn on the Vineyard

It's Sunday, so you know what that means! This week, I want to show you my latest yarn.

This was the All Spun Up spinalong fiber, a superfine merino dyed in deep autumn shades that made me think of the colors of a vineyard in autumn -- the deep purples of grapes on the vine and the greens and golds of the leaves.

I decide that this was destined to become a pair of fall socks, so I went for a three ply fingering weight yarn.

By far, this was best yardage I ever achieved with four ounces of fiber. I wound up with approximately 450 yards -- more than enough for a generously sized pair of socks -- and even some singles leftover. This is probably the most even I've spun, too, so you can understand why I'm rather proud of this yarn.


I went through all of October without knitting a single sock, and I've missed my sock knitting, so my goal is to turn this yarn into a pair of socks to wear to Thanksgiving dinner.

4 comments:

  1. You know, I didn't even notice that you weren't knitting any socks last month. And it was Socktober!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see your socks. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Very nice and even. It's going to make a gorgeous pair of socks.

    I'm horribly behind on my blog reading. All your recent projects look just great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yours turned out so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete