Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sleepy Doormouse

I finished some more sock yarn! It started life as this fiber, another Dyeing Arts Dazzling Duo (two strips of superwash merino in complimentary colorways), purchased from the Loopy Ewe. This one is called Sleepy Doormouse.

The two colorway thing already decided the number of plies for me (I love not having to plan what to do with a yarn once in a while!), so I just sat down and spun. I ended up with approximately 400 yards of two-ply fingering weight.

This is probably my most even two-ply yarn to date; keeping my singles even was something I was really focusing on while spinning this fiber.


I'm excited to see how this yarn knits up into socks -- eventually. First I've got to finish some very boring man socks.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:33 PM

    that is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said on Rav, that's probably my favorite of the yarns you've spun. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay....I think I'm beginning to understand...when you buy the wool it is already dyed, right? For some reason I thought you had to do that, too. This is one of my favorites so far, too.

    I've got boring size 12 man-socks coming up next in the queue, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, very nice! beautiful spin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:23 PM

    I love all the colors in the last two posts!! Beautiful! The vest is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete