Pages

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Repetition

The holiday knitting continues here, and lately it's all about the Ballband Dishcloths. I am churing out at least one of these a day. There are going to be eight of them total for Christmas gifts, and the fifth will be finished shortly. It's a good thing, too, because I'm getting to the point where I could probably knit them in my sleep.


I finished another Christmas gift while watching the election returns on Tuesday, but it's still in need of a little embellishment, so you'll have to wait a few days for that. I'm anxious to finish up these little projects so I can get back to knitting for me. Specifically, I'd like to get back to the second half of my mystery stole -- I'm hoping to finish it in time to wear it to my office holiday party in mid-December -- and then there's always the siren call of fair isle!

As to the election, the topic on everyone's lips, well, I would be remiss if I didn't mention anything about it. I try to keep politics off this blog as much as possible except, as I did the other day, when I remind my fellow American citizens to take part in the democratic process. I know that this was a long and at times difficult campaign, with very strong emotions on both sides. But I don't think anyone doubts that the outcome marks a historic moment in American history. I know that one day I'll be telling my children about this election and the part I played in it. I'm proud to have had some impact on the outcome, however small, and I'm excited to see what the next four years have in store for our country.

2 comments:

  1. Just think how many FOs we would have if we *could* knit in our sleep! ;)

    Great Ballbands! Is that Sugar n' Cream in Playtime I see?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been wanting to make some of those dishcloths, but for some reason never did it! one of these days...

    ReplyDelete