Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Post-Turkey Yarn

Yesterday was what is known in the United States as "Black Friday," or the day the Christmas shopping season officially kicks off with big sales. In years past, I have braved the crowds to find some good deals, but this year the only sale I made it to was the grand reopening sale at Bloomin Yarns. I went with a specific mission: find yarn for the Climbing Yarns Pullover and the Welt and Rib Raglan, both from the winter 2008 Interweave Knits. I was successful!

First, for the Climbing Vines Pullover, I picked up some Queensland Kathmandu Aran in a lovely shade of lavender. I tried really hard to pick something other than blue or green, my usual color selections. I was deciding between this shade and a dusty pink, but this won out because there weren't enough skeins of the pink in stock. I think I like this better anyway.


I picked this blue/teal shade, called Kingfisher, for Welt and Rib. I'm hoping this sweater will replace what has been my favorite store-bought sweater, a felted wool turtleneck, which is unfortunately starting to develop holes and pull apart at the seams.

I'm anxious to start one or both of these sweaters, but they will have to wait, because I finally cast on for my Ivy League Vest this afternoon! I decided to go with the smaller needle and larger size, so please keep your fingers crossed that the math will work out for me!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to see you at the store yesterday, and I'm glad you got yarn that you like! I really preferred the lavendar over the pink anyway, and Cashsoft is always a good choice, especially on sale!

    ReplyDelete