Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

If It Ain't Broke ...

I know it isn't Sunday, but I have a new yarn to share with you (and my hormone-addled brain might forget it altogether if I left it until Sunday). This is yet another All Spun Up superwash merino that looked like this before:

As usual, I went for a traditional three ply in a fingering weight (I'm starting to think that I can spin this kind of yarn in my sleep). My 4.3 ounces of fiber yielded approximately 390 yards.

The color is more accurate in the picture of the fiber; the finished yarn is really more pinkish red than orange.

As much as I love my three-ply sock yarn, I think I've been getting into a little bit of a rut in my spinning because of it, so I've signed up for the Tour de Fleece with the specific goal of spinning some yarns that aren't sock yarns. I'm thinking some heavier weight singles or two plies. I still have a little more than a week until the Tour starts, however, so I'm trying to get in one more three ply in -- surprise! -- ASU superwash merino, this one:

2 comments:

  1. The yarn looks great spun up. I love how different the fiber looks from dyed roving to spun yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, as always!

    ReplyDelete