Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Surprise!

Dear readers, I've been holding out on you.



You see, I've been working on a very special -- and thus very secret -- project for several months now. It was so secret that not even the Hurricane Knitters knew about it until this evening.

Remember that period of blogging ennui from a few weeks ago? This secret project is the real reason why. I was dying to tell everyone, but I knew it would be better if I waited.

I'm sure you're all wondering just why this project is so special. Well, the truth is, it's not just my project. It's a collaboration with The Mister. He had a lot to do with getting it started, though I've been doing the majority of the work since then.

Have I dragged this out long enough? Okay, I'll let you in on the secret.



Meet Rainbow, due to make his or her appearance this December:


Expect to see a lot of baby knits on this blog in the near future!

25 comments:

  1. This is one of the few times I've looked at a sonogram/ultrasound picture and seen an actual baby and not a fuzzy blog. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, December 14th is an excellent day to have a baby, at least my mom thought so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you two! (and glad to see that you made it home okay tonight - what a storm!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot diggity. Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:32 PM

    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:29 AM

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    That's a great first picture of Rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hoooooray!! you were likely too busy throwing up to blog!! congratulations! on to queuing bebeh patterns! yay sarah and hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:34 AM

    Congratulations!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations, sarah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome, awesome news!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's awesome. congratulations! and rainbow isn't at ALL a weird name for a baby. i vote you keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Sarah - this is a wonderful surprise! She already looks adorable :-)
    My little girl (now 24) was born in December - a great time to have a baby!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, congratulations -- to all three of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy for you! Having a baby makes you see the world in a whole new way:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous1:58 PM

    CONGRATS!!! What a wonderful surprise and what a wonderful ultrasound photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous10:45 PM

    How cool. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! I have a December boy. What a wonderful blessing. I wish you a healthy pregnancy and an uncomplicated birth.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Exciting news. Lots of fun knitting ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous12:28 PM

    OMG@@@@@@@@@@@! CongratS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you!!! woo hoo - cute baby knits ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I'm so late to the party but congratulations!! This is one WIP that will be truly a long term project.

    ReplyDelete