Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Boring but Fast

I'm afraid I don't have much to blog about tonight; I've spent most of the week working on a swatch for a design submission, which I can't show you, and spinning for my SPAKAL sweater, which I'll save for Sunday. The only thing I can show you is what went on the needles yesterday after finishing my swatch. Rainbow asked me to make her a pair of socks when she saw me working on the Shur'tugals, so how could I refuse? I cast on for the first sock during my lunch break yesterday and have gotten probably less than two hours in on these, so you can see how fast a knit they are.


The yarn is a single skein of Patons Stretch Socks that I found deeply discounted at Michaels some time ago. I'd used the yarn once before for a pair of socks for the Mister, so I thought another skein would be put to good use (plus, it was marked down to $2 or $3). Only after I started knitting did I realize that the care is hand wash only, which is not ideal for a toddler's socks. I should have enough yarn leftover to knit a small swatch to throw in the washer and see how it does, but in the future, should she ask me to knit more, I'll be sure to find something superwash.

I'll be jumping back on my Breezy Cardigan now, which is still moving along at a remarkably fast pace given the thinness of the yarn. I'm just about ready to start the waist increases, which means that I've gotten about 7" done on the body; I think I need to get to 12 or 12.5 inches before I start the bottom ribbing. If I can focus on this thing for a while, perhaps I can get it done in time to wear it before it gets really cold!

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine her asking for socks would melt your heart...

    ReplyDelete