Pages

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pattern Release: Peckish

I'm really excited to tell you that I released my Peckish shawl today. This is a pattern I enjoyed designing and knitting so much that I made a second sample!


This shawl is a great stashbuster if you're like me and have more sock yarn in your stash than you'll ever actually knit into socks in your lifetime; the sample above is worked in two colors of Malabrigo Sock, a yarn I actually prefer to use for shawls than for socks. It's knit from the top down, starting with a garter tab, and uses short-row shaping in the stripes -- and because it's in garter stitch, there's no picking up of wraps! It's finished with a picot bind off for a little bit of fun after all that garter stitch.


I know a pattern is good if I want to knit it a second time, and this one is no exception. Although I ran into a little problem with my yarn supply in the bind off of my madelinetosh tosh sock version, I love this iteration. It was a good test of my yarn estimates, too; you'll definitely want at least 400 yards of each color to avoid palpitations over whether you'll have enough!

If you want something that's interesting but doesn't require you to think too hard, this is a pattern for you. There are no charts to follow and hardly any counting, and it's easy to enlarge it or make it smaller if you have more yarn to use up or not quite enough. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I have!

2 comments:

  1. I love the stark contrast between the colours. And I think the picot edge adds nice detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice shawl! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete