Yesterday I finished up the third one ounce sock batt on my spindle, so it's now ready to be wound off onto a storage bobbin (aka, an empty toilet paper tube).
This means that I'm officially halfway done with all the singles in this batt set. If I can keep up the pace I've had thus far, I should be able to finish one more ounce by the end of the week.
There should have been a little bit more than this, as I had one bobbin run out before the other two, but I made a bit of a mess of things when I tried to use up as much as I could with what was left. Usually when this happens, I wind off the singles on a remaining bobbin onto a TP tube to make a center-pull ball, then slide it off so I can ply from the inside and outside at the same time. Unfortunately, I wasn't doing a very good job of keeping an eye on that last night, so I got a big tangle. I managed to undo it for a bit, but eventually it got so bad that I decided to cut my losses and call it a day. There wasn't much left on my third bobbin at that point anyway, so I don't think I would have gotten that much more yardage to be of any significance. Tonight, I will skein and wash.
The main goal for the rest of the week will be to try to finish spinning up the CMF corriedale on the miniSpinner. I'm nearly done with the first four ounces, so provided I work on spinning only that for the rest of the week, I think it's an achievable goal.