Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Marathon Plying

I wish I had kept track to know for sure, but my rough estimate is that this skein took me seven hours or more to ply. But it is done, at long last.


It took me a good 20 minutes to wind all this yarn onto my niddy noddy (439+ wraps, by the way!), and it's now been washed and is hanging to dry. The full report will come next weekend.

For now, though I'm not starting just yet, I'm looking forward to new spinning projects, as my August Southern Cross Fibre shipment arrived earlier in the week. (Yes, I'm aware that it's September. But David was out of commission with pneumonia for a while, and then there's the whole crossing the ocean from Australia thing.) I am blown away by the gorgeousness in this shipment. I knew which colorway David had selected for me, but I loved both colors so much that I ordered the other one.


This is Laurel Crown (above) and Triumph (below). Both are on organic merino top.


Can you see why I couldn't have just one?

1 comment:

  1. Those are both beautiful colors! And I love your plied yarn... even if it took you 7 hours to do!

    ReplyDelete