Pages

Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Another One Down

I can cross another holiday knit off my list!


Pattern: Nara hat by Wondrlanding, size medium
Yarn: Louet Gems Sport Weight (100% superwash merino) in Burgundy, less than one skein
Needles: US 2 (2.75 mm) and US 4 (3.5 mm)
Started/Completed: November 27/November 29
Mods: none

This hat was just as much fun to knit the second time around -- and to be honest, it might be knit a third time, because I really want one for me! The color of the finished hat is a little off; the picture of the skein is much more accurate.


I didn't make any modifications to the pattern and found it was a little faster the second time around as I was already familiar with the stitch pattern. I will say that I didn't like this yarn in the pattern as much as I liked the Quince & Co. Chickadee that I used for Rainbow's. This yarn feels a little more cottony and a little harder, though it did soften up a bit when it was washed.

With this project done, I have just two more projects left on my holiday knit list: my mother's handspun brioche cowl and a Biscuit for my mother-in-law, which I cast on for yesterday. I'm making good headway through the lace portion.


The yarn I'm using is Malabrigo Sock in Impressionist Sky, a really beautiful blue that was new to me. It's ever so slightly tonal, so there are some lovely shadows and highlights appearing in the knit fabric. If my mother-in-law doesn't like this cowl for any reason, I'll be happy to take it back and knit her something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment